I am a doula and birth photographer in Colorado Springs with years in birth work and photography experience.
Your birth story is your memory of your hours when the world stopped, when you traveled to the edge of your being and brought forth a life.
Birth photography documents your story. I capture the details, the settings, the emotions, your support system, how you surrendered to the process and rose from the depths.
During birth your brain wave patterns change and you enter an altered reality. This can make it hard to piece the story together, to remember all the special details. Through photography you can have your story visually to revisit as many times as you would like.
Photography provides a way remember all the special moments on the most important days of your life.
You can use photos to scroll through and reminisce, to process, to share, to print and hang as art, to use as birth announcements.
- Before your labor you will fill out a questionnaire to make sure your preferences are known. You are in control of what kind of photos you would like me to take.
- Depending on your package, I will arrive to your birth space during active labor (basic photography package) or as soon as you need me ( doula/ photography package) and stay 1-2 hours postpartum to document your new family.
- I go on-call for you at 37 weeks and stay on call until your baby is earth side. This means I am ready to attended your birth 24/7 within the on-call period. I do ask for 90 minutes to arrive so usually notifying me in early labor works best.
- You will receive 100+ images via a private gallery, delivered within 3 weeks of your birth. Three images will be delivered within 48 hours for a sneak peek. You can download these images for both social media and print.
- Please make sure you read about the details of this service here Why Birth Photography page.